Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Coming to Terms

It's no secret... I (Harmony) have had a hard time transitioning to life in Anchorage. I would still move back to Fairbanks in a heartbeat. Working in such a dysfunctional school did not help. Little by little the Anchorage area is growing on me. I still want to live more out in the woods/mountains to feel like I'm in Alaska. We are trying to make that happen. Eagle River seems to be the place for us to be. We just need to negotiate the whole house selling and buying process. I have made some great friends. I love that I am still close enough for us to visit Fairbanks and for friends to come and visit us. As soon as Ollie was born I have had a calm instantly take over. While I still sweat the small stuff from time to time I feel I have more of a grounded purpose. My goal is still to have a house/cabin back East in the next 5 years so that when we go back we have our own space and don't have to rely on my family, at least in RI.

No comments:

Post a Comment