Sunday, August 16, 2009

Baby in the Dark

I have found myself a bit sad thinking of how very big Ollie has become and how we probably aren't going to have another. Then I had an amazing soulful moment the other night. He went to bed in his crib after a big fussy to-do (he is getting a little better). When he woke for the 2nd time his diaper was changed and in the process he peed on his jammies. I brought him into bed with us naked but for his cloth diaper (bumgenius - love them!). In the total darkness of our room I inspected him with my hands making sure he was warm enough there between us. As I felt along his arms and legs he felt so little and I had one of those powerful - how precious is the miracle of life moments. I once again vowed, as I do almost daily, to make sure I soak up every minute. With out the jammies and the light of the day, feeling his little body he reassured me we still have a lot of time to enjoy every step along the way. How blessed we are to be parents of such an amazing little man.

Love is not a strong enough word.

No comments:

Post a Comment