Being at home is challenging in that the routine fluctuates so very much, compared to teaching. It is so easy to go with the flow and find yourself at the end of the day with not a whole lot accomplished. Of course playing is a vitally important part of my job, but sometimes I find myself letting him play and wasting my time aimlessly surfing the web.
Today I took life back by the horns and started making a list and crossing it off. It felt good. I accomplished more than I had hoped:
- vacuumed the stairs, office & living room (wearing Ollie on my back)
- gardening
- dropped off unneeded baby stuff off at the consignment shop
- picked up veggie share
- made apple/peach sauce
- did laundry
- researched some part-time positions in the field of education...
- play
- research ed doctorate programs - really like Columbia and Stanford - but seems like it would be difficult to do distance
Tomorrow's list:
- Mama Bear Hike
- Grocery shopping for camping trip this weekend
- RUN!
- play at the park at the end of the run
- bake rhubarb and strawberry and rhubarb pies
- more laundry
- clean upstairs bath
- start to organize guest room
- get UPS package sent
No comments:
Post a Comment