I conquered my first race in a long time. I did a 5.6 miler this weekend. The goal is to train for a marathon this fall and a triathlon next spring. I have signed up for a half-marathon in August and might do the Equinox marathon in Fairbanks in September, if all goes as planned. The race this past weekend was a successful gauge as to where I am. I could have pushed harder, but now know that. I might have even been able to do the half-marathon going on at the same time, but probably would have been dogging it at the end. I felt really good about being able to pass a whole bunch of people who were walking up the hill at the end. Our hiking and my training have paid off so far... It is amazing how fast you feel you can go when not pushing a stroller in front!
The Papa Bear is busy training to summit Denali next spring. He's been biking to and from work, getting ready for some mountain bike races, running, swimming, climbing and of course our family hikes.
Sunday, June 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment