This is easier and more difficult then I expected. It's been a week and a day since Papa Bear and his climbing team left to conquer Denali. Having the satellite phone makes it a lot easier. The treacherous days have yet to come. Little Bear calls out often "Be safe and careful on mountain Boppy! Love you this much!" He misses Bop. We are reading about The Mountain all the time, at his request.
I think of my hubby and his mom, when he was growing up, and what it must have been like when his dad was deployed in Desert Strom, or all the military families that deal with the absence of a parent/spouce to a hazardous place. Our 2 to 3 weeks pales in comparison. We are keeping ourselves busy here. I kind of let the house work slide a little and we stayed home today to get back on top of it. Fortunately it has been pretty nice outside and we've spent most of the days playing at the park, on walks, visiting the botanical gardens, puttering around the yard. Tomorrow we head to music in the park.
Your friends are your surrogate family in Alaska, and mine have done well proving that. One has taken Little Bear for me so I can do errands alone and another is keeping us busy with dinner and lots of activities with our kids. My mom will be coming from Rhode Island the third week. I've made all kinds of appointments from, dentist, haircut to car detailing while she's here. Hopefully I be able to squeeze in a yoga class or two too. Whether the hubby is here or not, getting a little alone time is my biggest challenge in this full-time career as a stay-at-home mama bear.
I have to admit that I am a little jealous of the two guys who get to sleep in the tent with my hubby. I do however take pride in the fact that Little Bear and I have helped him train to sleep in tight quarters w/ two other people, since we turned out to be a co-sleeping family.
We're also busily planning a Welcome Back to Sea Level/ Father's Day party, to celebrate the Bop's safe return home.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great post!
ReplyDelete