
I had visions of being cool as a cucumber when my hubby ventures to summit Denali, North America's tallest mountain in the spring... but I was caught off guard at how shaken my nerves were when news reports of 4 backcountry skiers were injured in an avalanche south of Anchorage. I knew when they finally announced that the event happened near Summit Lake on the Kenai, that it wasn't our Papa Bear and his climbing/ski party, but I couldn't sleep none the less knowing that conditions were "moderate." My group of guys are experienced, researched, cautious, smart and prepared should the worst happen, but the worst can always happen... Hopefully when the time comes I'll be better prepared and not so anxious. We'll also be in daily contact and I know I'll be keeping myself pretty busy to keep my over active imagination at bay.
They had a great trip and my guy is very happy with the way his new gear worked.
If I could I'd be on that mountain too.
Here are some pics from the Papa Bear's overnight training run.
Amazing pictures! We will just have to keep you busy when he sets off! -Lia
ReplyDelete