I found this great article/blog that is helping me get my mind wrapped around what I need to do to feel more on top of my game. How to Organize Your Daily Tasks into a Routine This stay at home thing is much more of a challenge then I ever imagined. I've noticed a common thread among the chatter in my mama groups is getting out of the house on time... I know that if I didn't organize some of the meet-ups I probably wouldn't get there on time either. I need that extra fire under my butt to keep me on track.
It isn't the perfect fix to my own daily dilemmas, but a much needed starting point. My one starter solution or rather problem to my solution is I have to start getting up earlier, like I would for work. Until now I've been waking with my son, as we usually co-sleep. I, like the author, always got to work (before baby) far earlier than the other teachers so that I could use the copier before there was a line and so I wouldn't be distracted by chit chatting with my friends. I knew I'd be too spent at the end of the day to want to get anything of consequence done and talking with friends/coworkers was way more rewarding. So on Monday I will get up with my husband and try to get a few things, maybe even just one thing accomplished before the boy wakes up. This is an ultra simple solution that I just need to make happen in order to feel like I have a handle on what happens the rest of the day.
Saturday, July 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment